Woman and Son Charred to Death in Fire Accident in Krishnagiri

By | November 21, 2023

SEE AMAZON.COM DEALS FOR TODAY

SHOP NOW

Accident – Death – Obituary News : Krishnagiri: Tragedy struck a family in Krishnagiri when a woman and her son were tragically charred to death in their home near Pochampally on Sunday night. The incident came to light on Monday morning when concerned neighbors discovered their lifeless bodies. The victims have been identified as P Rajammal, 65, and her son P Murugesan, 40, both residents of Veeramalai village near Pochampally.

Murugesan had been living with his widowed mother in Veeramalai after separating from his wife and two children. The heartbreaking news shocked the community, and neighbors immediately alerted the police when they noticed that the mother and son hadn’t come out of their house. The Pochampally police swiftly responded and broke open the door to gain access to the house.

Sub-Inspector M Sivachandar described the horrifying scene they encountered: “We found both Rajammal and Murugesan charred to death on the bed.” Preliminary investigations revealed that Murugesan had carelessly discarded his beedi without extinguishing it. The mosquito repellent nearby had fallen off the socket and leaked its liquid, which ignited when the lit beedi landed on it. Tragically, the bedsheet caught fire, engulfing the victims in flames.

The bodies of the deceased were sent to the government hospital and medical college for a postmortem examination. The police have registered a case and continue to investigate the incident.

This unfortunate incident serves as a reminder of the importance of fire safety measures and responsible disposal of smoking materials. It is crucial to exercise caution and ensure that cigarette butts and other smoking materials are properly extinguished before disposal. Such tragic incidents can be prevented by following simple fire safety protocols.

In recent news, two men were arrested by the Wanowrie police in Pune for firing at and robbing a jeweler. The suspects, Bilal Tyagi and Honey Walmiki, fired multiple rounds at the victim, Pratik Oswal, before fleeing with his bag containing cash and ornaments. The police have recovered two country-made pistols from the suspects’ rented house and are further investigating the source of the firearms and ammunition.

Additionally, two separate fire incidents were reported in Thane city, causing panic among residents. Fortunately, no casualties were reported in either incident. The first fire broke out in a second-floor apartment, resulting in damage to furniture. The second incident involved a minor fire in a switchboard on the fifth floor of a high-rise building. Prompt action by the fire brigade prevented any injuries or further damage in both cases.

It is essential for individuals to remain vigilant and take necessary precautions to prevent fire accidents. Adequate fire safety measures, such as regularly checking electrical connections and having fire extinguishers readily available, can significantly reduce the risk of such incidents.

Stay tuned for more updates on these stories and other news from around the region..