The identified element in the provided HTML code is a
tag with the attribute data-article-socialshare=”true”. : Suspect Arrested in Random Stabbing Death of Japanese Chef near Chinatown – BC

By | June 13, 2024



Accident – Death – Obituary News : : 1. Random stabbing death
2. Japanese chef Chinatown Vancouver

A 32-year-old man has been arrested for the stabbing death of a Japanese chef in Vancouver’s Chinatown. Wataru Kakiuchi, a Japanese citizen and chef at Hapa Izakaya, was found near Main Street and Union Street and died before reaching the hospital. Timothy Isborn, charged with second-degree murder, was arrested in the Downtown Eastside. Investigators believe there was no prior connection between Isborn and Kakiuchi. Colleagues describe Kakiuchi as a positive and talented individual who will be deeply missed. Stay updated on breaking news from Canada and around the world by subscribing to email alerts from Global News.

1. Random stabbing suspect apprehended in Chinatown
2. Japanese chef murder suspect captured near BC Chinatown

**Arrest Made in Vancouver Chef’s Stabbing Death**

A 32-year-old man has been taken into custody in connection with the fatal stabbing of Japanese chef, Wataru Kakiuchi, in Vancouver’s Chinatown area. The incident occurred in the early hours of June 5 near Main Street and Union Street, where Kakiuchi was found and pronounced dead at the scene.

**Arrest and Charges**

Timothy Isborn, the suspect in the case, was apprehended in the Downtown Eastside on Monday afternoon. He has since been charged with second-degree murder. Authorities have stated that there is no known connection between Isborn and Kakiuchi, indicating that the attack may have been random.

**Victim Remembered**

Kakiuchi, a Japanese national, was a beloved chef and long-time employee at Hapa Izakaya, a popular Japanese restaurant in Yaletown. Colleagues and friends have described him as a bright and positive individual who was well-liked by everyone. Justin Ault, the owner of the restaurant, fondly remembered Kakiuchi as a talented musician, cook, and friend, emphasizing that his presence will be deeply missed.

**Last Moments**

On the night of the tragic incident, Kakiuchi had been out with coworkers in Gastown. It was reported that he was planning to take a taxi back home to Burnaby at the end of the evening. The sudden and senseless nature of his death has left those who knew him in shock and mourning.

**Continuing Investigation**

As the investigation into the case unfolds, authorities are working to piece together the events that led to Kakiuchi’s untimely death. The community has been left reeling from the loss of such a vibrant and well-loved individual, with many expressing their condolences and support for his family and friends during this difficult time.


The arrest of the suspect brings a sense of closure to the case, but the impact of Kakiuchi’s passing will be felt for a long time to come. As the community comes together to mourn his loss, the memory of Wataru Kakiuchi will continue to live on in the hearts of those who knew him.

In a tragic turn of events, the vibrant culinary scene of Vancouver has been shaken by this senseless act of violence. As we remember and honour the life of Wataru Kakiuchi, we are reminded of the fragility of life and the importance of cherishing each moment we have with those we hold dear.