“Electrocution Claims Girl and Grandparents in Karnataka”

By | August 12, 2023



An eight-year-old girl and her grandparents died in electrocution in Belagavi. The girl, Annapoorna Honnappa Lamani, was turning off an electric switch in a building when she got electrocuted. Her grandparents, who rushed to rescue her, also got electrocuted and all three died on the spot. Annapoorna was studying in the second standard at a government school. News Karnataka reported


Belagavi: A devastating incident occurred in which a young girl and her grandparents tragically lost their lives due to electrocution. The victims have been identified as eight-year-old Annapoorna Honnappa Lamani, her grandfather Erappa Gangapap Rathod (55), and her grandmother Shantavaa Erappa Rathod (50).
Erappa was employed as a watchman in an under-construction building in the Shahunagar locality of Belagavi.
The deceased individuals hailed from Araganchi tanda in Ramadurg taluk, and Annapoorna had been living with her grandparents to receive a better education.
Tragedy struck when Annapoorna was turning off an electric switch in the building, leading to her electrocution. Upon hearing her cries for help, her grandparents rushed to her aid but were also electrocuted, resulting in the untimely demise of all three of them. Annapoorna was a second-grade student at a government school. The local APMC police promptly responded to the incident.

Support the pursuit of NewsKarnataka’s exceptional independent journalism with a small contribution.

This website is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google
Privacy Policy and
Terms of Service are applicable.