“Man Dead After Standoff: Kyle Richardson Found Deceased in Logan County Apartment”

By | August 10, 2023



A man named Kyle Richardson was found dead after a standoff in Logan County. Bellefontaine police responded to a report of a wanted person at an apartment complex. Richardson had an active warrant for his arrest and was believed to be in possession of a handgun. The police evacuated neighboring residences and called for assistance from the Logan and Union County Sheriff’s Office. After failed attempts to make contact, officers forced entry into the apartment and found Richardson deceased from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The investigation is ongoing. WHIO Staff reported

A man lost his life following a standoff in Logan County on Wednesday. The incident occurred when the Bellefontaine police received information about a wanted individual, Kyle Richardson, residing in an apartment within the complex. The police arrived at the scene and confirmed Richardson’s presence, suspecting that he possessed a handgun. Richardson had an active arrest warrant for second-degree felonious assault and was under scrutiny by the State of Ohio Adult Parole Authority for violating their conditions.

Due to concerns for the safety of everyone involved and the surrounding area, officers evacuated not only the targeted residence but also several neighboring homes. In response, the Bellefontaine Police Response Team was dispatched. Assistance was subsequently requested from the Logan and Union County Sheriff’s Office to aid in finding a peaceful resolution.

While waiting for additional resources, the police secured the area and attempted to establish communication with Richardson through crisis negotiators. However, after initial sporadic communication, all further attempts to make contact failed. As a result, a search warrant was obtained for the apartment. Despite deploying non-lethal gas munitions and forcibly opening the apartment door, the police were unable to make progress.

To assist in the situation, Logan County Sheriff’s Deputies employed the Logan/Union team’s robot, which provided video evidence of a motionless male inside the residence. Tragically, Richardson was discovered deceased from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. The police also confirmed that he had been in possession of a stolen handgun. Thankfully, the incident did not result in any other injuries.

The investigation is currently ongoing, and updates will be provided as more information becomes available..