“Three Marines Found Dead in Car, Died from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning”

By | July 26, 2023

SEE AMAZON.COM DEALS FOR TODAY

SHOP NOW

Three Marines found dead in a car in Hampstead, North Carolina, died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Pender County Sheriff’s Office. The Marines were identified as Lance Corporal Tanner J. Kaltenberg, Lance Corporal Merax C. Dockery, and Lance Corporal Ivan R. Garcia. The 911 calls obtained by the ABC11 I-Team revealed more details surrounding their deaths, including foam coming from one of the deceased Marine’s noses. Pender County Sheriff Alan Cutler expressed his condolences to the families and colleagues of the Marines. ABC11 Raleigh-Durham reported

Three Marines found dead in a car in Hampstead, North Carolina, on Sunday morning died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Pender County Sheriff’s Office. The Marines were identified as Lance Corporal Tanner J. Kaltenberg, 19, from Madison, Wisconsin; Lance Corporal Merax C. Dockery, 23, from Pottawatomie, Oklahoma; and Lance Corporal Ivan R. Garcia, 23, from Naples, Florida.

The tragedy unfolded when Dockery’s mother called the sheriff’s office to file a missing person report after not hearing from her son since Friday. Dockery was supposed to travel back home to Oklahoma on Saturday night but never showed up. After pinging his phone to a gas station in Hampstead, it was discovered that his jeep and suitcase were still at the barracks.

A Marine who was sent to check the location of Dockery’s cell phone found the three Marines in their car. He called 911, reporting that they appeared to be dead and that one of them was bleeding from the nose. Foam was also observed coming from one of the Marines’ noses. An ambulance arrived at the scene shortly after.

Pender County Sheriff Alan Cutler expressed his condolences, stating, “I am saddened by the timeless and tragic death of these three young men, who served our country honorably. Our thoughts and prayers remain with their families and colleagues during this time.”

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when the gas is inhaled, preventing oxygen from reaching vital organs. It is often referred to as the silent killer since it is odorless and colorless. It is crucial to have functioning carbon monoxide detectors in homes and vehicles to prevent such tragedies.

RELATED STORIES

The deaths of these three Marines serve as a reminder of the dangers of carbon monoxide and the importance of taking precautions to ensure safety..

  1. Marines found dead
  2. Carbon monoxide poisoning
  3. Pender County Sheriff’s Office.